Friday, March 15, 2013

Central Park through a child's eyes

Nature is one of the great healers God gave us. There and the temple are the places I feel most at home and most at peace.Today Katya and I went for our exploratory walk in Central Park. We watched birds, ducks, geese and a swan but perhaps our favorite was the squirrels. We stopped in the wooded area to watch a little neighborhood of them. Two were having their dinner of acorns and one was gathering leaves. The gatherer would go out and gather the leaves in his mouth and then run, jump and at times fly back to his little hole under a branch. Katya is so cute to watch as she sees all the creatures. She makes noises, her eyes get big, you can see she is trying to figure it all out and she smiles her little smile at times. She is also a wonder and delight. I love that little girl and am so grateful I get to introduce her to and explore with her this beautiful world.

No comments: