Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Town

Last weekend a friend and I went to Bratislava. It was amazing, but since I am about to leave my lovely, little town I wanted to tell you about it first. It was truly love at first sight. Really, I just fell in love with this place. It is a beautiful European town of about a 100,000 people. Its downtown has cobblestone roads in the, fountains, outside cafes, narrow streets and beautiful buildings. Being here feels like being home. The dorms for the summer school are pretty nice too. They are on the edge of the city and have a wonderful trail along a river right behind them.



Left: This is the happy picture painted on our balcony. Above: This is my roommate, Sauri, from Japan.

The town:



The river that I would run/walk along. The mornings were always my favorite times to go; it was so peaceful.



My saving grace in Olomouc from the meat and fried food. This vegetarian bar was my miracle!

Hurray for the Czech language!!! That is my class above. We had three great teachers and a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Derrill Watson said...

I Love that first picture of Bratislava