Thursday, July 31, 2014
Human Kindness
This is just a shout out for random acts of kindness. Today I was on the way home from running errands with Ana and Katya. Katya was going crazy on the subway. She was up, down, and all around, and lets be honest, at one point pulling my hair. I was finally about to lose it inside, and had her legs and arms restrained somehow to keep her still. All the while Ana was starting to cry (oh great). A woman came over just at that moment when I had her "contained"and said, "I'm a mom of one about her age. Can I help?" I told her we would be fine, I'd just hold her like that till we got home. Then she did the most amazing thing...she didn't leave but just got down to Katya's level and started chatting with her. She asked if she could show her pictures of her little boy and then later if she could sit down with her since she knows baby's don't like to sit in carriers (Ana was still fussy). She got off just one stop before us and left Katya contented and myself very grateful for human kindness in its most random but pure form. In our women's message last month it said first observe, then serve. I am so glad she did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment